Do you feel like no matter what remedy or treatment you use on your hair, it’s always dry or damaged? One of the biggest mistakes people make is improper shampooing and conditioning routines! Healthy hair begins with a healthy scalp.
When using the appropriate Aveda Shampoo for your hair, start with a quarter size amount. Massage into your scalp, and just your scalp. If it does not lather enough for you, just add more water, not more product. As you rinse the shampoo, the suds will run through your ends taking the dirt and oil with it.
Conditioning properly starts with your ends! Try to get out as much water as you can before applying a quarter-half dollar size of product from the ends up. Let the conditioner sit on for a few minutes. Rinse and complete the first step to healthier hair.
Other tips to try:
- Get your hair trimmed every 8-12 weeks
- Drink lots of water
- Avoid using heat on your hair everyday
- Use a heat protectant when using hot tools
- Avoid pulling your hair into a ponytail all the time
- Schedule a free consultation to have your hair evaluated and customize a plan with your stylist for your specific needs!
– Kayla Michelle Sanders