Consider these facts from Tree Hugger:
· Out of the 10,500 ingredients used in personal care products approved by the US government, only 11% of them have been documents and publicly assessed for safety.
· There are only 10 ingredients that have been banned from US cosmetics. However, the European Union has banned more than 1,110 personal care products due to concerns linked to birth defects, cancer or reproductive issues.
· 20% of the approved personal care products sold contain at least 1 chemical linked with cancer.
· 22% of cosmetics available have been contaminated with possible cancer causing 1,4 dioxane.
These statistics alone are enough to cause many consumers to opt for using all natural products. But much of the public remains unaware of the value of making the change from synthetic to natural products. At true Salon, we not only want you to look great, but want you to feel great, too. Consequently, we opt to use Aveda products which are designed to boost your hair and skin naturally and safely.
Benefits of Using Natural Beauty Products
If you have ever wondered about the value of natural beauty products versus synthetic, then you are not alone. After all, for many years there were few choices in the types of beauty products available. However, thanks to many proponents of the use of natural products, now one can easily opt for better beauty aids and procedures. Here are some additional reasons to make the swap to using natural skin and hair products.
· Natural skin and hair products are gentler on you. While synthetic products may seem to make your skin and hair softer, over time they will build up and cause hair and skin to dry out. In addition, the lack of chemicals means no contaminants such as fillers and irritants.
· Synthetic products generally contain parabens in order to extend their shelf life and mimic the body’s hormones. However, some skin care specialists fear that this can have adverse effects. By using products such as those made by Aveda which use natural ingredients like grapefruit seed extract, you can bypass this concern.
· People are more likely to be allergic to synthetic products than natural ones, so using natural skin and hair products risks an allergic reaction. Also, artificial fragrances are common in synthetics and frequently cause headaches – natural products avoid this side effect.
· Better for the environment. The manufacturing of synthetic products causes chemicals to be released into the air and water. The making of natural products is safer as fewer – if any- chemicals are involved.
· Natural products have quicker results. In fact, in most cases, you can see a difference in just one use.
Natural skin and hair products are designed to work with your body, not against it. And, as our body absorbs up to 60% of what it comes into contact with, don’t you want those items to be healthy for you? Consequently, a natural beauty care product will be free of artificial colors or fragrances, isopropyl alcohol, all parabens, phthalates, sodium laureth sulfate, ureas, DEA, TEA, MEA and formaldehyde. So, if you are looking to go all natural on your beauty products, be sure to read product list carefully.
The true Salon team is here to answer your questions about skin and hair care. We know that looking awesome is important to you, and we are here to help you do just. Give us a call today to schedule your next appointment, or come by the salon to upgrade your beauty routine. We can’t wait to help you!