It’s summer – time for fun in the sun, busy days and taking time to just chill out. Consequently, spending time on tedious task such as blow drying one’s hair can be unwelcomed, and often replaced by choosing to let one’s hair air dry.
Hmmm…. Sounds like a plan, right? Just wash and go. After all, air drying one’s hair works perfectly every time. NOT!!
Yes, that’s right. Air drying your hair often results in weird crimps and curls, too much – or not enough – body, maybe some frizz, or perhaps just a lifeless style.
So, what’s one to do? Is there a way to avoid the heat of the blow drier and still have great looking locks? Absolutely! Here are some tips from Aveda, and other hair pros, for having great results when you air dry your hair.
5 Tips for Air Drying Your Hair Like A Pro
· Start in the Shower – You read it right, it starts in the shower. While using the conditioner, take a few minutes to finger-comb your hair so that you can break up any tangles.
· Rinse More – When you think you have rinsed out your hair completely, take a few minutes to rinse it a bit extra. This ensures your hair won’t be weighed down by product.
· Go Cold – As part of that extra rinse time, turn the temp down on the water. It doesn’t have to be freezing, but by rinsing in cold water, the hair’s cuticles close thus trapping in moisture which in turn makes your hair smoother and softer.
· Towel Off – Choose a microfiber towel or soft cloth to towel dry your hair and remove as much excess water as possible. This is the time to add any product you may choose to use, as well. It is important to note that adding product to exceptionally wet hair, will require more product and not be as effective.
· Get Set – While your hair is still damp, part it the way you want to wear it. Or, if you want waves, then braid it now. For slight loose waves do one braid, for more body, have two, and for beachy, ocean inspired waves raid your hair in four braids. If you are going for more body versus curls or waves, you should experiment with putting in buns – most people find that 2-4 buns work best, as only one can result in one giant weird bend.
No matter what your approach to creating the perfect air dried hair look, be sure you are using the right products for your hair. Aveda has several that are designed to enhance your hair and help it look great -no matter how you choose to style it.
If you are tired of blow drying your hair and ready to save yourself some time, then air dried hair is the answer. Stop in at true Salon today to the get products you need, for perfect hair this summer.